Monday, August 20, 2007

Time flys when you're having fun

Don't the days and weeks fly by when your doing something you enjoy or just living life!!! I have been busy putting together more Peggy-Jean Cards for Posie to take to the markets and send to our lovely stockists. It is a really exciting time at present as more people are exposed to the products and Posie creates new and wonderful things for me to try. I love my production end process. I don't have a studio so the dining room table ends up covered in fabric, cards, tags and all the paraphernalia that goes into the creation. It can be a bit distracting living where we do as this is my view:



I get to see the sailboats and cargo ships coming into Frances Bay (a small section of the massive Darwin Harbour) You can see a small fire in the background. In the dry season the Government conduct backburns of large areas to keep the bushfires under control.



Just looking at the different fabrics keeps me focused on the job. I'm absolutely adoring the new fabrics Posie lets me play with!!!





The tools of the trade.



The finished card ready to be given Posie packaging brillance.


















Stay safe and Happy Melissa xxxx

6 comments:

Kirsty said...

Hi Melissa

I've found you via Pip. Your WIPs look gorgeous. My sister lives in Darwin too.

Daydream Lily said...

hello..nice to meet another Melissa.
Ive always been Liss or Lissy to my friends and family, but i get Melissa alot more these days too.

how you finding blogging? Im loving it. I wish I could take credit for the lovely images on my blog..but they are mostly things ive bought from other tallented people.
Im making jewellery though...so ill be putting more of my own stuff up soon.

Liss

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

OMG, can't wait to have lunch with you tomorrow to check out these amazing cards!! Yippee!! That Eskimo one has to go straight to Mike's (her shop is like a shrine, pool room style) & the new ones for Strangely Familiar. Gorgeous work honey!! Love Posie

Kylie said...

Love the cards - the frog one is my favourite! Do you live in one of the three towers??? Looks very similar to the view that my friends have from there place, when they lived there!

Kylie

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards Melissa and what a gorgeous view too!

Hope you are feeling much better :-)

Anastasia said...

cute cards!!! very sweet!