Sunday, August 5, 2007

So who and what is Peggy-Jean?

Where to start? Well about 6 months ago my friends Jennie (aka Posie) and Tina (sweetpeacollections) were having a play date at the pool in Tina and my apartment complex. While the children were frolicking in the tropical heat the mummies were giggling as per usual. Jennie wanted to start a new fusion label based on her Grandmothers names Edna and Alice May which has now lead to www.ednaalicemay.com.au . Tina and I thought that was fantastic and I jumped on the band wagon declaring I loved my Grandmothers names Jean and Peggy. Jennie being the most creative of us said "ooh Peggy-Jean love it!" but that was where it ended. I didn't have a business or any concept of one, so the name lived in my brain for a little while.

Little did any of us know but the gorgeous Pip of Meet me at Mikes was searching through cyberspace and discovered Posie and they immediately fell in love! True Story!!! Upon receiving Jennie's beautiful products at Mike's Pip asked if Jennie would be interested in producing some cards? Now I need to give you a little background info on my lovely friend Jennie. Not only is she a wife, mother, business woman and brilliant friend she is extremely busy hand making all her products. During one of our many gab fests surrounded by children and Jacob the German Shepard Jennie mentioned Pip's idea. I thought it was fantastic and I offered to see what I could come up with not really thinking it would lead to anything. Peggy-Jean just had to used as a name for the cards as it just fitted perfectly with the fabrics that Jennie selected for Mikes and that's how Peggy-Jean was born!!! If it wasn't for a simple idea from Pip and the creative energy and passion from Jennie I wouldn't be able to make some great products and work with my amazing friend. Thanks girls you are stars!!!!












Just a snapshot of some of the Peggy-Jean cards that were on sale at the Darwin Esplanade Market today at the Posie site. Look at the story book fabric isn't it divine!!!

We had a wonderful sunny Darwin day and I managed to wrangle the children to the Esplanade to take these shots and stroll along the beautiful foreshore. July/August is the best time to visit the Top End and to escape the cold down south!!!

Keep warm, Melissa xxx










5 comments:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Aw shucks!! It's all you gorgeous, there was a demand for the product, i had the fabric & you have the skill. What a lovely business to be in. What can we unleash in Canberra next year Peggy-Jean?? Keep the posts coming, i know Pip is super keen to see what you're up to!! I enjoyed the introduction too, some businesses are born in the boardroom, some on paper napkins, yours - in a pool in Darwin!! Love Posie

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh special mention to Jean who gave me the beautiful vintage children's book by Lucie Attwell, with the mermaid. My little Fin took it to bed with her tonight. I think a Peggy-Jean thank you card might be posted to Jean tomorrow?? Love Posie

meetmeatmikes said...

Oh Melissa! There you are! Looking forward to reading all about you and your family and adventures and things! xx pip

Kylie said...

Hi Melissa - I meet you in Darwin at the end of last year. Love the cards - they are too cute great job!

Anastasia said...

love your cards - so sweet!!